Our School Values and Ethos
'Challenging those who need challenge, supporting those who need support'
It is our intention to create a secure and caring environment in which children are given equal opportunity to reach their full potential in an atmosphere of mutual respect and co-operation. To achieve this the school will:
- Create a learning environment which enables children to become self-confident, self-disciplined, independent and motivated.
- Promote caring attitudes in an atmosphere in which children feel happy, secure and valued.
- Help children achieve their full potential, through a curriculum based on the National Curriculum, by adopting teaching and learning styles that are sufficiently differentiated to cater for individual needs.
- Teach children to be aware of their own actions, take responsibility for themselves and encourage independence.
- Provide an environment where children develop the skills to be able to work collaboratively with others, are sensitive to each other's needs and have the confidence to form friendships.
- Develop a joy of learning and cultivate lively, inquiring minds.
- Provide an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief. Pupils are encouraged to respond to the Christian faith in such a way that it helps their spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.
At all stages of the curriculum the schools in The Exmoor Federation use the environment of Exmoor to support the teaching. Our surroundings offer a great educational resource and we take every opportunity to use them to give the children of Exmoor the best educational experience possible.